Welcome to the VANAHEIM project
The aim of VANAHEIM is to study innovative surveillance components for autonomous monitoring of complex audio/video surveillance infrastructure, such as the ones prevalent in shopping malls or underground stations.
VANAHEIM is a EC-funded project aiming at studying and integrating innovative audio/video analysis tools in a CCTV surveillance platform typically in use in urban transport environments (metro and railway stations).
VANAHEIM gathers a multidisciplinary team of 8 partners (4 research institutes, 2 companies, 2 public operators) from 6 different countries, with complementary competencies:
- Computer vision & audio processing researchers
- Surveillance system designer
- Public transport operators (metros)
- Human behavior researchers (ethologists)
which are working on the following application areas:
Automatic sensor selection
Human-centered monitoring using audio/video analysis
Long-term statistics building for planning applications
- Large-scale integrating project (IP)
- Duration: 42 months (February 2010 –July 2013)
- Budget: 5.471.851 € (EU contribution 3.717.998 €)
VANAHEIM is a collaborative project funded by the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme FP7/2007-2013 - Challenge 2- Cognitive Systems, Interaction, Robotics - under grant agreement n° 248907.